We all know during this time of year, holiday parties at work are alive and well. From white elephant exchanges to playing Secret Santa, we often struggle with what the most appropriate gifts would be for our coworkers. We don’t want to cross the line of professionalism, but sometimes these are individuals we’ve actually grown close with and coincidentally spend most of our Monday-Fridays with. So, here are a few suggestions on thoughtful, creative, and practical gift to get your coworkers.
- Coffee Gear – We all usually gather around the Keurig in the morning or come in with our favorite coffee drink. Gifting a nice coffee mug, travel thermos, and/or Starbucks or their favorite coffee shop’s gift card is always a practical way to go.
- Restaurant Gift Cards – Do you and that one coworker always go out for lunch together? Do they frequent Chick-Fila every single day? Gift them with lunch on you with a gift card to their favorite lunch spot.
- Journal – Work gets hectic at times and we often share our goals with each other after meetings, during lunch, downtime, etc. With the coworkers who have turned more into friends, here’s a simple reminder to them to keep track of their goals inside and outside of work.
- Lotions/Candles – Lotions can be desk/at work items and the candles can be another reminder to unwind and decompress after a long day at home. Bath & Body Works also usually has weekly sales around this time of year!
- Desk Accessories – Cupholders, picture frames, detailed calendars and planners all work as practical gifts. Notice the coworker that brings collectibles to work or has a certain color theme going on in their space? Use these little clue to help pick inexpensive but thoughtful items that they can add to their work space.